Hi from a fellow collector.

Introduce yourself here!
Gotalite.com

Hi from a fellow collector.

Post by Gotalite.com » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48 pm

just wanted to say hi, have been collecting lighters for about 8 years now.

I love the higher end lighters, such as Duponts and Dunhills. Petrol or butane.

I really like vintage dunhill lift arm lighters from 1920s to the 1960s.

I have a website up with a lot of the lighters I have sold, and some up for sale.
I also sell vintage lighters on ebay, a link to my auctions can be found on my homepage.

http://www.gotalite.com

Xero
Site Admin

Re: Hi from a fellow collector.

Post by Xero » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 am

Nice to see you post here, i've actually run past your site before, and was very tempted to bid on a lighter you had sold (i think a brushed silver dupont w/gold trim,still looking for one of those even). Looking at your site again, man i wish i coulda been around to bid on some of those! like that blue dunhill or the red tribal dupont ligne d....i've yet to get a dunhill lift arm, but would love to get a butane one some day. I have 2 vintage butane dunhill rollagas and 1 of the new model rollagas and more duponts than i can remember, no limited editions though, i wish....i mainly collect butanes myself. It's nice to finally have another collect post here! I wasn't sure how large the community was for this kind of thing, so it's been somewhat hit or miss thus far.

Gotalite.com

Re: Hi from a fellow collector.

Post by Gotalite.com » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Yes I also love the Dunhill Rollagas lighters, they are really my favorite because of their simplicity and size.

They are costly to have repaired, usually around $100, but I find last for years once you have them holding, and pushing butane out properly.

A lot of dunhills seem to leak gas. Either from the bottom screw (major flame adjuster), or from the butane valve itself.

There are a few rubber seals that prevent leakage of butane that dry out with time. I try to keep gas in lighters that hold it, to try to prevent from drying out. Though I'm unsure if it helps.

I will be making more posts soon with pictures of lighters I have had and have, as soon as I get some time.

Some major flooding going on the the North east right now :o