Hi

Introduce yourself here!
cptbluebear

Hi

Post by cptbluebear » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 am

This forum seems pretty dead, but I figured I'd register in order to thank you for the instructions on dismantling an early type Dupont Ligne 1. I'll post some photo of the one I was working on once I get them into a web friendly format,

Bluebear (Cpt)

Xero
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by Xero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:11 am

Indeed, it's not the most alive forum, but since it's not costing me much to run, i've decided to keep it going. I finally got around to fixing registration (it had been broken for a while) and I have noticed that it gets a lot of google attention, so I would love for it to become more popular, although it seems to be a pretty niche hobby these days. Photos would definitely be nice! I would love to find out about sourcing parts for these things, i bet I could actually repair these things much better if I had a way to get new parts and the proper tools. I have another new trick as well, which is lens spanner wrenches, meant for taking apart small lenses for cameras and such, they can be used for taking apart some of the gas tank related stuff a lot easier, although without the proper parts, there's not as much you can do from there...

cptbluebear

Post by cptbluebear » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Re parts: I've just had an exchange of email with the Sales Manager for Dupont's Aussie service agent and she is going to see what they can do for me. I had to make it quite clear that there was no way in hell I was going to pay the quoted $195 for a lighter to have a nice holiday in Paris while they interpret the parts catalogue. I get the impression I'm not the first to tell them this...

Hopefully, I'll get to talk to the organ grinder, sorry, lighter tech when he gets back from holiday in the middle of October. It seems like everyone at this place is on holiday - the Sales Chick I'm talking to is on her second week of leave. Nice work if you can get it. But I digress. Supposedly, if I send them the broken spring, he wil have a go at finding a match. Breath not held at this end.

simonthorby

Post by simonthorby » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:36 am

i too have been searching for spare parts. just the other day some very interesting items showed up on ebay the seller has a dunhill repair book, multiple rollers, burner plugs, valve covers, gold plated lids and more its cool i got some stuff sent my way ill post some of the ebay links
i think he may offer a bulk deal for any1 that wanted to get into repairing them for some dosh.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-70-Ligh ... 257572e01d
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-Rollaga ... 25751aed9d