S T Dupont lighers, id help

All about the luxury lighters from Simon Tissot-Dupont
AntiqueLover

S T Dupont lighers, id help

Post by AntiqueLover » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Hallo.

I have these 2 S T Dupont lighters. I was wondering if someone could tell me anything about them?
Also, the one in the front in the picture is good working and has a opener for the gas. (The striped one).
The one in the back in the picture I find a but tricky. Where is he gas opener so I can get a light? (I feel so stupid).
Also can anyone confirm that they are real?

Kind regards me :)
Attachments
image2 liten.jpg
image2 liten.jpg (197.14 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
image1 liten.jpg
image1 liten.jpg (210.34 KiB) Viewed 2654 times

Xero
Site Admin

Re: S T Dupont lighers, id help

Post by Xero » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:51 pm

so the one on the right with the slot on the bottom cap is the predecessor to the ligne 1 large. it's old, like pre-1960s/70s old.

the one on the left....I've never seen anything like that. I think it's a fake ligne 1, and to say that, is actually kind of a big deal. I've never actually seen a fake ligne1, but this could possibly be a fake ligne 1. So maybe fake ligne 1's do exist?!

the dupont logo is...unusual. The 20 micron stamp seems a bit off....for what appears to be an old lighter, the stamping is kind of "off", looks done cheaply almost?

needless to say, i've never seen a REAL dupont like this....unless it's some oddball rare model i've never heard of....but i'd be more tempted to say you managed to find a fake ligne 1, which is not a common find...

i know this post is kind of old, but if you do see this, i would be interested in more pictures of this lighter just to better document it.